Visit to Urquillos, birthplace of the best corn in the world
Duration: 2 1/2 hours
Capacity: from 1 to 10 guests
During the trip, participants will have the opportunity to be surrounded by nature, typical houses, small farms, and attractive corn fields right next to a Historical Museum featuring a diversity of corn. They will even be able to taste Andean snacks based on corn.
The experience includes:
- A refreshing drink made from corn silk
- Visit to the historical corn museum
- Exhibition of the corn production process
- Historical overview of corn and its designation as the world capital of white corn.
- Visit to the farm and the corn cultivation
- Visit to the haja wasi: tasting of yellow chicha, explanation of the production process.
- Tasting of toasted corn or mote with cheese and uchucuta. (Made in the famous maran stone mill.)
- Transfers to Urquillos to or from the Sumaq hotel.